Getting a boiler serviced and repaired regularly is something that is extremely important. Not only is a broken boiler a problem for you and your family but it can also be costing you a considerable amount more on your energy bill. In addition to this, in some extreme cases, faulty boilers can also release harmful chemicals into your home such as Carbon Monoxide. Ensuring that your boiler is working and is in good health gives you peace of mind and is one less thing to worry about. From a practical point of view, a faulty boiler also means that you will not be able to heat your home during the colder months. We are pleased to work with a range of customers across South East London and enjoy restoring boilers to their full working order.
This post will give you a bit more information about the boiler repair service that we offer in South East London and a bit more information about AS Plumbing as a company.
If you would like to book a boiler repair or service today then please head on over to the link provided.
What is a boiler service?
Servicing a boiler is something that is extremely important – Boilers are an essential part of every household and must be serviced and repaired regularly – The engineers here at AS Plumbing are all Gas Safe Registered. A boiler service will involve a general overview of the boiler to check for any visible easy to spot defects. With older boilers, there are certain parts such as heat exchangers, burners and fans that may need to be fully dismantled to check each individual items. Whilst there is some simple maintenance work that homeowners can do we strongly advise customers to get their boiler serviced at least once a year to ensure that everything is running smoothly and as it should.
During the boiler service itself, a member of our team will come to your home and check the boiler for some of the following things such as
- Seals are fully working and intact
- Fans and some of the other main aspects of the boiler are fully working
- Safety features and alarms are fully working
- Combustion – A Gas Analyser is used to ensure that when the boiler is burning that the right amounts of air and gas are present.
When providing the boiler service our engineers will do their best to translate any problems in an easy to understand way so that you know exactly what is happening. We will also be on hand to answer any questions that you have. As we have mentioned one of the biggest risks is if Carbon Monoxide is emitted from your boiler due to a leak or malfunction. One of the most important things is to check CO alarms and test that these are working.
If you are looking for a New Boiler Installation in South East London then please head on over to the link provided.
What are the most common Boiler Repairs?
As with anything, there is always the opportunity and chance that things will break and need to be repaired. Boilers are very technical pieces of equipment and are usually active at least once every day throughout a year. With this amount of work being produced it is important to keep an eye out for any problems that may need to be repaired. Some of the most common boiler problems that we have come across are outlined below.
- One of the main and often annoying faults is when your boiler produces no heat or hot water – This can be caused through a broken diaphragm or airlock
- Thermostats can often cause issues with boilers which may warrant a repair. A loss in accuracy or lack of the heating turning on and off when instructed and scheduled too can show signs of a problem. First, you should try to increase this at small levels and if the problem persists then it may need to be serviced by a gas safe engineer.
- Radiators not heating up – Although this can be extremely frustrating, it is usually caused by a build-up of sludge or air in the system – A common way to fix this is by bleeding the radiator. You can check out this guide on how to bleed your radiator – If this fails to fix the problem then it may be something that an expert will need to look at.
- The boiler is switching off – Occasionally a boiler will switch itself off – this is usually due to low water pressure within the system, problems with the thermostat or a closed valve within the boiler itself. With this, it is usually something that a gas registered engineer would need to fix as it requires someone with experience.
We offer a variety of boiler repair and maintenance services to customers across South East London – please get in touch with a member of the AS Plumbing team if you have any questions regarding this.
Who is AS Plumbing?
Here at AS Plumbing, our main aim is to provide an extremely professional service with some of the highest levels of quality. We constantly review and improve the services that we offer to ensure that our customer’s expectations are met and often exceeded! The company itself was founded by Soner and Altan who have had a successful working partnership. AS Plumbing is a small and friendly company that is dedicated to treating customers how we wish to be treated – we provide full transparency in the services that we offer so that you always know what is happening and are never left out of the loop or confused. Boiler servicing and repair is something that should always be taken seriously. If you notice any problems with your boiler no matter how small, it is always important to check this out yourself or have a gas safe engineer look into this. Failure to look into any problems can sometimes result in things becoming worse over time.
If you have any questions about the service that we offer here at AS Plumbing or would like to have your boiler repaired or serviced in South East London then get in touch with a member of the team today.
Jack works on the marketing for AS Plumbing and Gas – He enjoys educating customers on the great services that AS Plumbing offer.